The Guided Wave Saybolt Color Analyzer System is a complete, “ready-to-go” analytical system.
- Analyzer – ClearView® db filter photometer technology
- Fiber optic cables
- Sample interface – insertion probe or flow cell
- Control software and Saybolt application calibration
- Unique dual beam optics – for long term, stable operation
- Up to two (2) independent measurement points – for added analytical flexibility at reduced cost per point
- High efficiency yet rugged fiber optics – analyzer electronics can be located away from a hazardous sample point
- In-door touch screen or Ethernet (Modbus TCP) – easy local or remote analyzer operation and control
- Analytical calculations are all encoded in the software – answers and alarms are clearly reported
Accurate, Real-time Reliable Results
The Saybolt Analyzer System utilizes our Guided Wave multi-wavelength ClearView db filter photometer analyzer platform. It may be configured for either one (1) or two (2) independent sample monitoring points. The ClearView db analyzer is configured with application appropriate wavelengths to measure the Saybolt color of the sample. The analyzer employs a dual-beam design – meaning; the system has a continual internal optical reference check that allows it to self-compensate for signal variation due to non-sample conditions. This ultimately provides the system with long term stability. The final product is a total Saybolt Color System that measures the color variation without interference from other factors.
The Smart Choice
Guided Wave’s Saybolt Color Analyzer system delivers accurate, real-time process measurement results. Its linearity and repeatability, as well as its low maintenance requirements make it a cost effective, smart choice to help optimize production, improve yields, ensure consistent product quality and enhance profitability.
The below shows a typical trend chart monitoring Saybolt color of a continuous flowing process.
Specifications: Saybolt Color Analyzer – Photometer
|Analyzer Technology||Fiber optic dual-beam ClearView db photometer (see also document #1033)|
|Fiber Connectors||SMA 905|
|Light Source||Tungsten-Halogen, >4000 hours typical|
|Photometric Noise||<50 µ AU 450-2100 nm 1-minute rms|
|Photometric Drift||<500 µAU rms/ °C|
|Response Time||1 second, minimum. User settable|
|Measurement Range||-16 to 30 Saybolt units (pathlength can be optimized to increase sensitivity)|
|Measurement Accuracy||Complies with ASTM methods D156 , D6045|
|Power||24 VDC, 3 A; 72 watts|
|Environmental||0 – 45°C, 0 – 90%, sun and rain sheltered|
|Channels||Up to 2 (two) sample channels and optional turbidity monitoring|