Portable Chilled Mirror Hygrometer
High-Performance Hygrometer Measures Both Spot and Continuous Dew/Frost Point in Air and Other Gases – Laboratory Precision – Field Ready
The MBW CALIBRATION™ MODEL 973-SF6™ Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer is a portable instrument equipped with an integral measuring head for both spot and continuous measurement of dew/frost point in air and other gases. Based on the chilled mirror principle, the 973 provides fundamental, drift free and precise humidity measurement. For many applications it is a transfer standard.
The MODEL 973 Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer also measures pressure and temperature with high accuracy and includes features that enable alternative humidity parameters such RH, ppmv, vapor pressure and absolute humidity. Unique features enable fast response in spot check applications and users can self-check instrument calibration stability using the integrated Ice-Test function. All versions of the 973 are supplied a tough transport case that protects this valuable instrument when moving around site or when shipped for calibration.
The MODEL 973-SF6 Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer is a portable instrument designed for measuring the dew point of SF6 gas. SF6 is a commonly used insulating gas in electrical power transmission and distribution equipment, and accurate dew point measurements are crucial for ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the equipment.
It vutilizes a chilled mirror dew point sensor to measure the dew point temperature of SF6 gas. The gas sample is collected from the equipment being tested and then passed through a pre-filter to remove any particulate matter. The gas then flows through a mirror-cooled by a Peltier element, causing any moisture in the gas to condense on the mirror surface. The dew point temperature is determined by measuring the temperature at which condensation occurs on the mirror surface.
The MODEL 973-SF6 Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer is offers several benefits such as:
- Accurate dew point measurement: The chilled mirror dew point sensor provides highly accurate and reliable dew point measurements of SF6 gas, with a measurement range of -50°C to +20°C.
- Portable and easy to use: It is compact, lightweight, and battery-powered, making it easy to transport and use in the field. The instrument features an intuitive user interface and can store up to 1000 measurement results.
- Fast response time: Has a fast response time, allowing users to quickly measure the dew point of SF6 gas and make informed decisions about equipment maintenance and repair.
- Versatile: Can also be used to measure the dew point of other gases, such as nitrogen, oxygen, and argon.
The MODEL 973-SF6™ Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer is widely used in the electrical power industry, including power transmission and distribution companies, power plant operators, and electrical equipment manufacturers, to ensure the safe and reliable operation of SF6-insulated equipment.
The MODEL 973-SF6 Dew Point Chilled Mirror Analyzer is primarily used in the electrical power industry for the measurement of moisture content in SF6 gas insulated equipment such as gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) and circuit breakers. This is because moisture can cause insulation failure and equipment damage in these applications.
It can is also used in other industries that use SF6 gas such as the semiconductor industry, which uses SF6 gas as a dielectric gas for plasma etching, and the magnesium industry, which uses SF6 gas as a cover gas in the casting process.
Features and Benefits
- SF6 gas humidity, purity and SO2 concentration
- Fundamental drift free humidity measurement
- Integral frost/dew point measuring head
- Internal sample pump
- Optimal Response Injection System for fast spot checks
- Pressures up to 20 bar
- Intuitive, easy to use LCD touch screen user interface
- High accuracy temperature measurement
- Transport case as standard
- Frost/dew point range: -76 to +20 ̊C
- Temperature: -50 to +100 ̊C
- On-site calibration of dew point sensors
- Breathing gas quality
- Battery manufacturing
- Compressed air systems
- Standards laboratories
- Validation of production and storage conditions
- Dryer performance tests