Percent Oxygen Transmitter
Unmatched Reliability, Technology & Value
Percent Oxygen Analyzer with Excellent Speed of Response & Low Cost of Ownership
Our ALPHA OMEGA INSTRUMENTS™ Series 2500/2510™ Percent Oxygen Transmitters are blind transmitters designed to provide exceptional performance, accuracy, and stability.
Percent oxygen measurement ranges are available from 0-2% to 0-100%. The Series 2500/2510 Percent Oxygen Transmitter is designed to provide accurate and dependable percent oxygen measurements in a variety of background gases. Measurement ranges available are from 0-2% to 0-100%.
The Series 2500/2510 Percent Oxygen Transmitter features an enclosure that is made from durable polycarbonate and is rated for NEMA 4 (IP 66) service (may change with the addition of certain optional equipment). A 4-20 mADC output is provided that can be used with a data logger, recorder, PLC, DCS, etc. Options include pressure regulators, flow meters, sample filters. The Series 2500 is the loop powered version, and the Series 2510 is the AC powered (115/230 VAC, 50-60 Hz) counterpart and is recommended when AC power is available or preferred. Also, available in optional 24 VDC. In addition to the optional equipment mentioned above, the Series 2510 can be equipped with a sample pump.
The Series 2500/2510 Percent Oxygen Transmitter feature an extended life oxygen sensor with EES (enhanced electrolyte system). This sensor provides exceptional performance, accuracy, and stability. For applications where carbon dioxide is present in the sample gas, the EES retards passivation of the sensor anode by allowing the products of oxidation to dissolve in the electrolyte. In effect, the sensor is renewed continuously, resulting in an increase in sensor life even if exposed to 100% carbon dioxide. In addition, the enhanced mechanical design of the sensor ensures longer life, and virtually eliminates leakage of electrolyte, a nagging (and expensive) problem associated with sensors that require periodic electrolyte maintenance.
Here are some of the industries that use the Series 2500/2510 Percent Oxygen Transmitters:
- Industrial processes: Used in various industrial processes that require precise monitoring and control of oxygen levels, such as chemical processing, food packaging, and metal processing.
- Steel Manufacturing: Used in the steel manufacturing industry for measuring oxygen levels in experiments performed under controlled or inert atmospheres in low oxygen conditions.
- Metal/Heat Treating: For certain steel alloying processes pure nitrogen atmospheres in annealing ovens are required.
- Plastics Manufacturing: Used in the plastics industry where electron beam and/or UV curing of certain plastics requires the curing to be done in a low oxygen environment. Excessive levels of oxygen adversely affect the curing and product spoilage increases.
- A factory Certificate of Performance Verification and Calibration is included at no additional charge. The product performance is verified in accordance with manufacturing specifications using a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable transfer calibrated standard gas mix.
- Wide Number of Ranges: Measure from <0.1% to 100% Oxygen
- Exceptional Speed of Response: Responds Instantaneously to Changes in Oxygen
- Rugged and Versatile Construction: Polycarbonate, rated NEMA 4X (IP66) without optional equipment.
- Economically Priced: Save Thousands of Dollars vs Other Methods
- Patented Extended Life Sensor: Eliminates Frequent Sensor Replacement
- Measurement Ranges: in percent 0-2, 0-5, 0-10, 0-25, 0-50, and 0-100
- Accuracy¹: ±1% of full scale (± 5% of full scale on ranges ≤ 0-5%)
- Linearity: + 1% of full scale
- Response Time: 90% of full scale in less than 20 seconds (typical)
- Sensor Type: Long-life Electrochemical Sensor
- Temperature Compensation: Standard
- Operating Temperature Range: 40° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
- Warranty: Two years for the electronics and one year for the sensor
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate, rated NEMA 4X (IP66) without optional equipment.
- Dimensions: 5.84 in. (148.34 mm) height 4.72 in. (119.9 mm) width 3.25 in. (82.55 mm) depth.
- Gas Connections: 1/4” stainless-steel compression fittings for installations with metal sample lines.
- Series 2500 Loop Powered Trace Oxygen Transmitter Input power 14-32 VDC
- Series 2510 Trace Oxygen Transmitter: Input power 115/230 VAC, 50-60 Hz, or 24 VDC.
- Loop Resistance: 600 ohms @ 24 VDC (consult factory for other resistance values)
SAMPLE GAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Sample Flow Rate: 1.0 to 2.0 standard cubic feet per hour (SCFH) 0.5 to 1.0 liters/ minute (LPM)
- Sample Gas Pressure Limits: 0.1 to 1.5 psig (0.007 to 0.1 kg/cm2)
We Care About Safety
If you are concerned over unsafe levels of oxygen explore a complete line of oxygen deficiency monitors and accessories. We supply many instruments to medical, aerospace, and municipalities. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines an oxygen deficient environment when oxygen levels fall below 19.5 percent. Oxygen deficient environments require accurate and reliable instrumentation. Oxygen levels below 16% is dangerous to human life.
Explore why safety monitoring matters.
Need service on your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.
OUR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS DELIVER
- Improved reliability
- Lower cost of ownership
- Improved product quality
- Meet compliance requirements
- Backed by global service and support
Process Insights is committed to solving our customers’ most complex analytical and process challenges.
Need service or calibration for your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.