Trace Oxygen Transmitter
Unmatched OXYGEN Technology & Value
Trace Oxygen Transmitter with Long-Life Sensor & Wide Measurement Range
Our ALPHA OMEGA INSTRUMENTS™ Series 3500/3510™ Trace Oxygen Transmitters are designed to provide exceptional performance, accuracy, and stability. The Series 3500/3510™ Trace Oxygen Transmitter is designed to provide accurate and dependable trace oxygen measurements in a variety of background gases. Measurement ranges available are from 0-10 PPM to 0-20,000 PPM.
The Series 3500/3510 Trace Oxygen Transmitter enclosure is made from durable polycarbonate and is rated for NEMA 4 (IP 66) service (may change with the addition of certain optional equipment). A 4-20 mADC output is provided that can be used with a data logger, recorder, PLC, DCS, etc. Options include pressure regulators, flow meters, sample filters. The Series 3500 is the loop powered version, and the Series 3510 is the AC powered (115/230 VAC, 50-60 Hz) counterpart and is recommended when AC power is available or preferred. Also, available in optional 24 VDC. In addition to the optional equipment mentioned above, the Series 3510 can be equipped with a sample pump and solenoids valves that can be used for quick gas changes.
HIGH PERFORMANCE TRACE OXYGEN SENSOR
The Series 3500 Trace Oxygen Transmitters feature Alpha Omega Instrument’s long-life ambient temperature electrochemical sensor that has a functional life of up to three times that of most “fuel cell” type sensors. The enhanced mechanical design of the sensor ensures longer life, and virtually eliminates leakage of caustic electrolyte, a nagging (and expensive) problem associated with sensors that require periodic electrolyte maintenance. And, because the sensor is sealed, it is not position sensitive. In addition, unlike some electrochemical sensors, Alpha Omega Instruments readings from the Series 3500 do not require manual adjustment based on changes in the molecular weights of the sample gas i.e. helium, hydrogen, etc. a major advantage for continuous measuring applications. The output from the sensor is both linear and temperature compensated to provide optimum performance.
NOW FEATURING A CO2-RESISTANT SENSOR
A nemesis for many conventional “fuel cell” type trace oxygen sensors are their inability to measure oxygen in gases containing carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide reacts with potassium hydroxide electrolyte to form carbonic acid and in short time destroys the sensor. Not anymore. Alpha Omega Instruments offers an optional CO2 tolerant trace oxygen sensor with proprietary electrolyte. The CO2 tolerant sensor is capable of providing accurate oxygen readings in gases containing up to 100% CO2 without shortening the life of the sensor.
Here are some of the industries that use the Series 3500/3510 Trace Oxygen Transmitters:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing: Used in semiconductor manufacturing processes to monitor oxygen levels in process gases and to ensure the purity of the gases used in production.
- Food and Beverage: Used in the food and beverage industry to monitor oxygen levels in packaging and storage environments to extend the shelf life of products and to prevent spoilage.
- Pharmaceutical: Used in the pharmaceutical industry to monitor oxygen levels in production processes and to ensure the stability and efficacy of drug products.
- Petrochemical: Used in the petrochemical industry to monitor oxygen levels in refining and processing operations to optimize process efficiency and to prevent corrosion.
- Aerospace: Used in aerospace applications to measure oxygen levels in welding applications where excess oxygen promotes poor welds due to oxidation.
- Research: Can be used in research applications with glovebox or anaerobic chambers, such as studying the effect of oxygen levels on plant growth, and in testing the oxygen content of experimental gas mixtures.
- Industrial processes: Can be used in various industrial processes that require accurate measurement and control of oxygen levels, such as welding, metal processing and chemical processing.
- Long Life Trace Oxygen Sensor: Provides up to three times the functional life of most “fuel cell” type sensors. Reliability is dramatically increased while maintenance costs are reduced.
- Sealed Sensor: Eliminates handling potassium hydroxide (caustic), a hazardous material or having to frequently “recharge” the electrolyte.
- CO2 Resistant Sensor: Optional CO2 resistant sensor is designed to operate with sample gases containing up to 100% CO2. Conventional “fuel cell” type sensors using potassium hydroxide (KOH) electrolyte can be poisoned from CO2.
- Affordable: Affords savings of up to 30% and more over other manufacturers trace oxygen transmitters.
- Wide Measurement Range: Measure from under 1 PPM to as high as 20,000 PPM oxygen.
- Factory Calibration: A factory Certificate of Performance Verification and Calibration is included at no additional charge. The product performance is verified in accordance with manufacturing specifications using a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable transfer calibrated standard gas mix.
- NEMA 4 Enclosure: Greater installation flexibility with a dust and waterproof enclosure (may change with the addition of certain optional equipment).
- Measurement Ranges: (parts per million) 0-10, 0-50, 0-100, 0-500, 0-1,000, 0-5,000, 0-10,000, and 0-20,000
- Accuracy¹: ±1% of full scale (± 5% of full scale on ranges ≤ 0-5ppm)
- ¹Stated at constant temperature and pressure
- Linearity: + 1% of full scale.
- Response Time: 90% of full scale response in less than 10 seconds (typical). The response time for ranges of 0-50 PPM or less depend to a great extent on the design of the sample delivery system including the materials used.
- Sensor Type: Long-life Ambient Temperature Electrochemical Sensor (Optional CO2 Resistant Sensor Available).
- Temperature Compensation: Standard.
- Operating Temperature Range: 40° to 104° F (5° to 40° C) <40° F (<5° C) use heated sensor enclosure >104° F (>40° C) cooling of sample gas/sensor required
- Warranty: Two years electronics, one year sensor
- Polycarbonate, rated NEMA 4X (IP66) without optional equipment. (Optional NEMA7 explosion-proof enclosure available)
- Dimensions: 5.5 in (139.9 mm) height. 8.8 in (223.5 mm) width. 3.4 in (86.4 mm) deep. Note: All dimensions are without optional equipment
- Gas Connections: 1/4” stainless steel compression fittings.
- Series 3500 Loop Powered Trace Oxygen Transmitter: Input power 14-32 VDC
- Analog Output: 4-20 mADC with a loop resistance of 600 ohms @ 24 VDC (consult factory for other resistance values).
SAMPLE GAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Sample Flow Rate: 1.0 to 2.0 standard cubic feet per hour (SCFH). 0.5 to 1.0 liters/ minute (LPM).
- Sample Gas Temperature: 40° to 104° F (5° to 40° C)
- Sample Gas Pressure Limits: 0.1 to 1.5 psig (0.007 to 0.1 kg/cm2).
- Entrained Solids: <3 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >3 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
- Hydrocarbon Mist: <0.7 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >0.7 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
We Care About Safety
If you are concerned over unsafe levels of oxygen explore a complete line of oxygen deficiency monitors and accessories. We supply many instruments to medical, aerospace, and municipalities. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines an oxygen deficient environment when oxygen levels fall below 19.5 percent. Oxygen deficient environments require accurate and reliable instrumentation. Oxygen levels below 16% is dangerous to human life.
Need service on your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.
OUR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS DELIVER
- Improved reliability
- Lower cost of ownership
- Improved product quality
- Meet compliance requirements
- Backed by global service and support
Process Insights is committed to solving our customers’ most complex analytical and process challenges.
Need service or calibration for your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.