Percent Oxygen Analyzer
Unmatched Reliability, Technology & Value
Precision market leading trace and percent oxygen analyzers and transmitters can protect your process, plant and personnel
Our ALPHA OMEGA INSTRUMENTS™ Series 2000™ Percent Oxygen Analyzer are rugged, microprocessor-controlled instruments designed for continuous or intermittent measurement of trace oxygen concentrations ranging from 0-1% to 0-100%. Single and three range instruments are available. Auto-ranging is a standard feature on all three range analyzers. It is powered from 115/230 VAC, 50-60Hz, or 18- 32 VDC. Oxygen values are displayed continuously on an easy-to-read, 0.4″ (10.2 mm) high, 4-1/2-digit liquid crystal display (LCD). The instrument can be purchased in a variety of general-purpose mechanical configurations ranging from a benchtop, wall mount or panel mount configuration. It is available for purchase on our online store.
The Series 2000 Percent Oxygen Analyzer features an extended life oxygen sensor with EES (enhanced electrolyte system). This sensor provides exceptional performance, accuracy, and stability. For applications where carbon dioxide is present in the sample gas, the EES retards passivation of the sensor anode by allowing the products of oxidation to dissolve in the electrolyte. In effect, the sensor is renewed continuously, resulting in an increase in sensor life even if exposed to 100% carbon dioxide. In addition, the enhanced mechanical design of the sensor ensures longer life and virtually eliminates leakage of electrolyte, a nagging (and expensive) problem associated with sensors that require periodic electrolyte maintenance.
The eloquence of the Series 2000 Percent Oxygen Analyzer is its ease of use. The front panel contains five switches that provide access to the instrument’s settings. Each analyzer is equipped with three oxygen alarm relays and one status alarm relay as standard equipment. All four relays are Form C (SPDT) types rated at 10 amps at 115/230 VAC and 30 VDC. Each relay is user configurable for fail-safe operation. In addition to the alarm relays, the analyzer is equipped with a built-in audible alarm, as well as three front panel LEDs for visual indication of an alarm condition.
The Series 2000 Percent Oxygen Analyzer comes equipped with two analog outputs, 4-20 mADC and 0-2 VDC, for use with recorders, data loggers, etc. For enhanced communications, the Series 2000 Percent Oxygen Analyzer can be configured with optional RS-232C or RS-485 serial communications. The RS-485 format is capable of sending digital signals over greater distances and controlling each monitor using the same communication channel. Depending on the application, the Series 2000 can be equipped with a number of options including sample filters, sample pumps, pressure regulators, serial communications, flow meters, etc.
Here are some of the industries that commonly use the Series 2000 Percent Oxygen Analyzer:
- Industrial processes: Used in various industrial processes that require precise monitoring and control of oxygen levels, such as chemical processing and storage, food packaging, and metal processing.
- Energy production: Used in energy production applications, such as monitoring oxygen levels in combustion processes in power plants.
- Environmental monitoring: Used in environmental monitoring applications, such as measuring oxygen levels in the atmosphere.
- Medical applications: Used in medical applications to monitor oxygen levels in the breathing air of patients and to ensure that the correct oxygen concentration is delivered during medical procedures. Also used for safety monitoring in some MRI applications in case of a helium leak.
- Aerospace: Used in aerospace applications to measure oxygen levels in welding applications where excess oxygen promotes poor welds due to oxidation.
- Research: Used in research applications, such as studying the effect of oxygen levels on plant growth, and in testing the oxygen content of experimental gas mixtures.
- Landfill: Used to measure oxygen in landfill gases to help assess the quality of the gases that are used to power incinerators and boilers.
- Extended Life Oxygen Sensor with EES: Ensures trouble-free and cost-effective operation with a useful life of up to four years.
- Acid Gas Resistant Sensor: Save thousands of dollars versus other manufactures.
- Numerous Mechanical Configurations: NEMA 1 general purpose enclosure available in either a benchtop, wall mount or panel mount configuration.
- Single and Three Range Options: Measure tenths of percent to 100%
- Visual and Audible Alarms Included along with two analog recorder outputs: Ensures the highest level of protection and reliability.
- Factory Calibration: A factory Certificate of Performance Verification and Calibration is included at no additional charge. The product performance is verified in accordance with manufacturing specifications using a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable transfer calibrated standard gas mix.
- Measurement Ranges: (Percent Oxygen) Single Range 0-25 Auto-multirange 0-10/25/100, 0-5/10/25, 0-1/10/25
- Accuracy: ±1% of full scale (± 5% on the 0-1% range) – stated at constant temperature and constant pressure
- Linearity: ±1%
- Response Time: 90% of full-scale response in less than 20 seconds (typical)
- Sensor Type: Ambient Temperature Electrochemical Sensor with EES
- Temperature Compensation: Standard
- Pressure Compensation: Standard
- Operating Temperature: 40° to 104° F (5° to 40°C) <40°F (<5°C) use heated sensor enclosure >104°F (>40°C) cooling of sensor required
- Warranty: 2 years electronics/1years sensor
- Electronics Control Unit: Polycarbonate with a hinged clear front cover – available in benchtop, wall mount or panel mount configurations.
- Gas Connections: 1/4” stainless steel compression fitting or Quick connect for 1/4” OD flex tubing fitting
- Sensor Mounting: Local or optional remote mounting
- Dimensions: Length: 9.45 in (240.5 mm), Width: 6.50 in. (165.1 mm), Depth: 6.20 in. (157.5 mm)
- Weight: 11 lbs. (4.98 kg) bench-top configuration
- Display: 0.4″ (10.2 mm) high, 4-1/2digit LCD
- Resolution: 0.1 %
- Input Power: 115/230 VAC, 50-60Hz or 18-32 VDC
- Outputs: 4-20 mADC and 0-2 VDC standard as is a TTL output for range identification. RS-232C or RS-485 serial communication optional.
- Oxygen Alarm Relays: Three (3) SPDT Form C contacts rated 10A @ 30 VDC/115/230 VAC. User selectable for fail-safe or non fail-safe.
- Instrument Status Alarm: Rated identically to the O2 relays
- Audible Alarm: Internal buzzer with audible cancel
SAMPLE GAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Flow Rate: 1.0 to 2.0 SCFH (0.5 to 1.0 liter/min)
- Sample Gas Temperature: 40° to 104° F (5° to 40°C)
- Sample Gas Pressure Limits: 0.1 to 1.5 psig (0.007 to 0.1 kg/cm2).
- Entrained Solids: <3 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >3 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
- Hydrocarbon Mist: <0.7 mg/ft³: no in-line filter required >0.7 mg/ft³: in-line filter is required
We Care About Safety
If you are concerned over unsafe levels of oxygen explore a complete line of oxygen deficiency monitors and accessories. We supply many instruments to medical, aerospace, and municipalities. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines an oxygen deficient environment when oxygen levels fall below 19.5 percent. Oxygen deficient environments require accurate and reliable instrumentation. Oxygen levels below 16% is dangerous to human life.
Explore why safety monitoring matters.
Need service on your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.
OUR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS DELIVER
- Improved reliability
- Lower cost of ownership
- Improved product quality
- Meet compliance requirements
- Backed by global service and support
Process Insights is committed to solving our customers’ most complex analytical and process challenges.
Percent Oxygen Analyzer with Excellent Speed of Response & Low Cost of Ownership
Percent Oxygen Analyzer with Excellent Speed of Response & Low Cost of Ownership
Need service or calibration for your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.