Fast-Response Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer
Unmatched Technology & Value
Fast Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer
Our ALPHA OMEGA INSTRUMENTS™ ZRO 2000™ FAST-RESPONSE Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is designed to provide accurate and repeatable trace and percent oxygen measurements in a variety of gases. Oxygen readings from parts per billion to 100% can be achieved with one instrument. The rugged and compact design of the ZRO 2000 makes it ideally suited for industrial applications where continuous oxygen measurements are required. It is available for purchase on our online store.
The ZRO 2000 FAST-RESPONSE Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is a microprocessor-based instrument designed to measure gas phase oxygen concentrations over a range of 0-100%, and it exhibits fast response times resulting from the non-depleting zirconia oxygen sensor used in the ZRO 2000 Fast Response Oxygen Analyzer is a zirconia type that exhibits fast response times. The analyzer is housed in a NEMA 1 enclosure rated for general purpose use. The front panel contains five switches that provide access to the analyzer’s settings. Oxygen values are displayed on a 0.7″ (17.8 mm) high 6-digit liquid crystal display (LCD).
The instrument is equipped with two oxygen alarm relays. Both relays are Form C (SPDT) types rated at 10 amps at 115/230 VAC/ 30 VDC and are user configurable for fail-safe operation. In addition to the alarm relays, the ZRO 2000 FAST-RESPONSE Oxygen Analyzer has a built-in audible alarm and red LEDs for visual indication of an oxygen alarm condition. There are also two green LEDs to indicate whether the LCD is displaying parts per million (PPM) or percent (%). The audible alarm may be manually canceled at any time. If the audible alarm is canceled and the alarm event continues, indications of this condition will still be available through the front panel LEDs and relay contact(s). Two flow meters are standard equipment for the ZRO 2000 Fast Response Oxygen Analyzer, one for the “Sample Flow” and another for the “Bypass Flow”.
Our ZRO 2000 FAST-RESPONSE Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer has a measuring range of 0.1 PPM to 100%. Input voltage 90-264 VAC, 50-60Hz has two scalable analog outputs are provided, 4-20 mADC and 0-20 mADC. Included is an easy to read, six-digit backlit LCD as well as two (2) SPDT Form C contacts rated 10A @ 30VDC/115/240 VAC. NOTE: Six-digit LCD – the backlit option is no longer available due to supply chain issues.
NOTE: It is essential that the metal sample tubing used to connect to the ZRO2000 be of oxygen service quality (no residual oils or particles on the inner surfaces). In addition, the sample gas should not contain any reducing gases such as any hydrocarbon-based gases, carbon monoxide, or hydrogen. Gases such as these can introduce significant error into the oxygen readings.
The ZRO 2000 FAST-RESPONSE Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer is a highly accurate and reliable oxygen analyzer that provides fast and accurate measurements of oxygen levels in a wide range of applications. Some of the applications include:
- Process Control: Can be used for oxygen monitoring in various industrial processes, such as food and beverage production, chemical processing, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. The analyzer’s fast response time and high accuracy allow for precise control of oxygen levels, ensuring consistent product quality.
- Research and Development: Can be used for research and development applications like glovebox or environmental chambers where experiments must be performed under controlled inert atmospheres with low oxygen conditions.
- Gas Purity Analysis: Ideal to validate the concentration of oxygen in cylinders of specialty gases such as Argon, Helium and Nitrogen, etc.
Here are some of the industries that use the ZRO 2000 FAST-RESPONSE Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer:
- Chemical Manufacturing: Used in the manufacturing of latex and related chemicals to determine oxygen in the chemicals by spraying them into a controlled atmosphere.
- Steel Manufacturing: Used in the steel manufacturing industry for measuring oxygen levels in experiments performed under controlled or inert atmospheres in low oxygen conditions.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing: Used in semiconductor manufacturing for measuring oxygen levels in clean rooms and other controlled environments as well as the sintering of ceramic components which involve heat treating/bonding of powders to form a coherent shape.
- Aerospace: Used in the aerospace industry for monitoring oxygen levels in many welding applications that require the use of inert gases that are oxygen free.
- Plastics Manufacturing: Used in the plastics industry where electron beam and/or UV curing of certain plastics requires the curing to be done in a low oxygen environment. Excessive levels of oxygen adversely affect the curing and product spoilage increases.
- A factory Certificate of Performance Verification and Calibration is included at no additional charge. The product performance is verified in accordance with manufacturing specifications using a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable transfer calibrated standard gas mix.
- Advanced Solid State Sensor: Provides High Precision Oxygen Measurements
- Measures PPB to 100%: One Instrument Does It All
- Response in Milliseconds: Provides Exceptional Tracking of Process Conditions.
- Non-depleting Sensor: Designed to Provide Years of Operation
- User Scalable Analog Outputs: Better Defines the Concentration Range of Interest
- Dual User Adjustable Alarms: Set Critical Process Limits
- Microprocessor Controller: Helps to Ensure Dependable and Accurate Readings
- Built-in Sample By-Pass gas: Helps to promote rapid transport of the sample gas
- Advanced Solid-State Sensor
- Measures parts PPM to 100% oxygen
- Non-depleting oxygen sensor
- 24-bit processing digital technology
- Responds in milliseconds
- Measurement Ranges: 0% to 100%
- Accuracy: Percent: ±2% of reading or 0.05% absolute whichever is greater. Trace: ±2% of reading or ±0.5ppm absolute whichever is greater.
- NOTE: The sample gas used with the ZRO 2000 must not contain any hydrocarbon vapors, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, or other reducing gases. Sample tubing should be cleaned for oxygen service. Please consult the factory for additional information.
- Response Time: < 5 seconds at 0.15 liters per minute (LPM) over 1 decade. The response time for measurements of less than 50 PPM or less depend to a great extent on the design of the sample delivery system including the materials used.
- Sensor Type: Zirconium Oxide
- Operating Temperature of Analyzer: 50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)
- Warranty: Two Years Electronics, One Year Sensor
- Enclosure: Aluminum, rated NEMA 1
- Enclosure Dimensions: 13 inches (330 mm) – length 10.71 inches (272 mm) – width 6.3 inches (160 mm) – height – Note: All dimensions are without optional equipment
- Gas Connections: 1/4” stainless steel compression fittings
- Display: 0.7″ (17.8 mm) high 6 digit liquid crystal display
- Resolution: 0.01 on highest reading & 0.001 ppm on lowest reading
- Input Power: Universal 90-264 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz
- Standard Outputs: (2) Selectable 0-20 mA DC or 4-20 mA DC, both scalable by user
- Oxygen Alarm Relays: Two (2) SPDT Form C contacts rated 10 A @ 30V DC /115/230 VAC. Alarms may be cleared manually or automatically, by user selection.
- Audible Alarm: Internal audible alarm
- Audible Alarm: Cancel Front panel switch
SAMPLE GAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Maximum Sample Temperature: 122°F (50°C)
- Maximum Sample Pressure: 0.1 to 0.5 pounds per square inch gauge (PSIG) (0.007 to 0.035 kg/cm2).
- Sample Gas Moisture Limits: 85% RH
We Care About Safety
If you are concerned over unsafe levels of oxygen explore a complete line of oxygen deficiency monitors and accessories. We supply many instruments to medical, aerospace, and municipalities. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines an oxygen deficient environment when oxygen levels fall below 19.5 percent. Oxygen deficient environments require accurate and reliable instrumentation. Oxygen levels below 16% is dangerous to human life.
Explore why safety monitoring matters.
Need service on your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.
OUR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS DELIVER
- Improved reliability
- Lower cost of ownership
- Improved product quality
- Meet compliance requirements
- Backed by global service and support
Process Insights is committed to solving our customers’ most complex analytical and process challenges.
Need service or calibration for your oxygen analyzer? No problem. We are ready to assist you with any technical or service-related inquiries. Just complete our Oxygen Monitor RMA.