Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer
TOTAL SULFUR-NITROGEN ANALYZERS
For Industrial Applications Requiring Total Sulfur – Nitrogen Monitoring
Our ATOM INSTRUMENT™ SGA-1000™ Fast, Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer is an online process analyzer utilizing patented Excimer UV Fluorescence (EUVF) Technology to measure Total Sulfur in a variety of refinery process applications.
The SGA-1000 Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer has the fastest analysis time of any commercially available analyzer allowing user-defined, multiple cycle averaging to improve analyzer performance. The analyzer operating software is both intuitive and user-friendly. In addition, the SGA-1000 only requires bottled air for normal operation and does not require installation in a shelter.
- Excimer UV Fluorescence (EUVF) Technology provides Low Range
- Simplified Design Improves Certification and Process Monitoring
- Low Concentration Total Sulfur Analysis (<1 PPM)
- High Speed Analysis and Response Time
- User Defined Data Averaging
- Low Utility Consumption
- Compact Instrument Footprint
- Does not Require Installation in Shelter
Some of the industries that use the SGA-1000 Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer include:
- Oil and gas: Commonly used in the oil and gas industry for process control, product quality assurance, and environmental compliance. It can be used to measure the total sulfur content in natural gas, LPG, and other hydrocarbon gases at various stages of production, including extraction, processing, storage, and transportation.
- Refining: Used in refineries to monitor the sulfur content of feedstocks, intermediate products, and finished products. It can help refineries optimize their processes to meet product specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Chemicals: Used in the chemical industry for the production of sulfur-containing chemicals, such as sulfuric acid, sulfates, and sulfonates. It can be used to monitor the sulfur content of feedstocks, intermediates, and final products, and ensure product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Power generation: Used in power plants to monitor the sulfur content of natural gas used for fuel. This can help power plants comply with emissions regulations and minimize the environmental impact of their operations.
here are some of the specific applications of the SGA-1000 Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer:
- Process control: Commonly used for process control in the oil and gas industry. It can be used to monitor the sulfur content of gas streams at various stages of production, including extraction, processing, storage, and transportation. This information can be used to optimize processes and ensure product quality.
- Environmental compliance: Can be used to ensure compliance with environmental regulations related to sulfur emissions. This is particularly important in the oil and gas industry, where emissions of sulfur-containing compounds can have a significant impact on air quality and public health.
- Product quality assurance: Can be used to ensure that natural gas, LPG, and other hydrocarbon gases meet product specifications. This is critical for industries such as refining and chemicals, where the sulfur content of feedstocks and intermediates can have a significant impact on product quality.
- Research and development: Can be used in research and development applications to study the behavior of sulfur-containing compounds in gas streams. This can help researchers develop new technologies for the extraction, processing, and transportation of oil and gas.
FLARE GAS MONITORING
Our SGA-1000 Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer can be used to monitor flare gas by providing real-time measurements of the composition and flow rate of the gases being flared. Here are some of the ways the analyzer can be used for this purpose:
- Composition analysis: Measuring the composition of the flare gas, the SGA-1000 can help detect any abnormal conditions, such as the presence of hazardous or combustible gases.
- Flow rate measurement: Can also be used to measure the flow rate of the gases being flared. By providing accurate flow rate measurements, the SGA-1000 can help operators optimize the flare system to reduce the amount of waste gas being produced and improve the recovery of valuable gases.
- Real-time monitoring: Provides real-time measurements, allowing operators to monitor the flare gas in real-time and take corrective action if needed. For example, if the analyzer detects high levels of methane, operators may adjust the process to reduce the amount of waste gas being produced or to improve the recovery of methane for reuse.
- Remote monitoring: Can be connected to a plant-wide control system for remote monitoring and control. This allows operators to monitor the flare gas from a central location and make adjustments as needed to ensure safe and efficient operation.
EASY TO INSTALL & USE
The SGA-1000 Multi-Stream Total Sulfur in Gas Analyzer with EUVF is a field-proven technology that utilizes an excitation wavelength that achieves high detection sensitivity and detector stability. The SGA-1000 is an excellent fit for applications in the 0-100 ppm range and is exceptionally stable, even at concentrations less than 1 ppm. The SGA-1000 is designed for outdoor installation and use in harsh environments as may be required by the refining (LPG), Gas Processing (NGL) and Natural Gas industries.
SIMPLIFIED DESIGN & IMPROVED PROCESS MONITORING
The SGA-1000 total sulfur measurement provides a complete analysis of all sulfur compounds potentially present in process gas streams and not just a few selected sulfur compounds as with some GC/TDL applications. Calibration and Validation is seamlessly incorporated with an optional calibration switching configuration and associated software for easy compliance or verification testing.