Total Sulfur in Liquid Analyzer
TOTAL SULFUR ANALYSIS
For Industrial Applications Requiring Total Sulfur Monitoring in Liquids
Requires Only Air – No Other Gases Needed for Carrier or Combustion
The ATOM INSTRUMENT™ SLA-1000™ Total Sulfur in Liquids Gas Analyzer is an online process analyzer utilizing patented Excimer UV Fluorescence (EUVF) Technology to measure Total Sulfur in Liquid in a variety of refinery process applications. We offer the most versatile Total Sulfur analyzers available. The SLA-1000 has the fastest analysis time of any commercially available analyzer allowing user-defined, multiple cycle averaging to improve analyzer performance. The analyzer operating software is both intuitive and user-friendly. In addition, the SLA-1000 requires only bottled air (no other gases needed for carrier or combustion) during normal operation and does not require installation in a shelter.
The SLA-1000 Total Sulfur in Liquids Gas Analyzer is based on field-proven EUVF technology that is exceptionally stable and utilizes an excitation wavelength that achieves high detection sensitivity. The SLA-1000 is an excellent fit for applications in the 0-10 ppm range even at concentrations lower than 1 ppm. In addition, Excimer technology provides little to no Nitrogen interference compared to other UVF technologies. The SLA-1000 is designed for outdoor installation and use in harsh environments as may be required by applications within the petroleum and petrochemical industries.
- Measurement of Total Sulfur as low as 1 ppm
- High Speed Analysis and Response Time User
- Defined Data Averaging
- Low Utility Consumption
- Convenient Compact Footprint
- Does not Require Installation in Shelter
- Utilizes Air for Combustion
The SLA-1000 Total Sulfur in Liquids Gas Analyzer is an online process analyzer that is designed for the continuous measurement of sulfur compounds in liquid hydrocarbon streams, such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and crude oil. Some of the industries that use the SLA-1000 process analyzer include:
- Refining: Commonly used in refining operations to monitor the sulfur content of feedstocks, intermediates, and finished products. This information is critical for ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, such as those related to sulfur emissions.
- Petrochemicals: Used in the petrochemical industry to monitor the sulfur content of various hydrocarbon streams, such as those used in the production of plastics, chemicals, and other materials.
- Power generation: Can be used in power generation facilities to monitor the sulfur content of fuels, such as coal and natural gas. This information is important for ensuring compliance with emissions regulations and for optimizing combustion processes.
- Oil and gas production: Can be used in upstream oil and gas production operations to monitor the sulfur content of produced fluids. This information can be used to optimize production processes and to ensure that the produced fluids meet product specifications.
Simplified Design Improve Reliability
Calibration and validation routines are seamlessly incorporated into our SLA-1000Total Sulfur in Liquids Gas Analyzer operation software. The analyzer has a very fast response time to process changes (within 1 cycle), ensuring proper process monitoring with fast-moving processes. The sample injection system design is simplified resulting in greater reliability and lower maintenance, for example, the sample valve only actuates once per cycle increasing lifetime. Finally, the analyzer results are insensitive to sample buildup or interference from oxygenates present in the sample stream.
- Diesel (including ULSD)
- Gasoline (including Tier-Ill)
- Reforming and isomerization
- Other Refinery Grade Fuels
- Blending Operations
- Catalyst Protection
- Natural Gasoline
The SLA-1000 Total Sulfur in Liquids Gas Analyzer is primarily used for the continuous measurement of sulfur compounds in liquid hydrocarbon streams. Some of the specific applications include:
- Refinery operations: Commonly used in refineries to monitor the sulfur content of various hydrocarbon streams, including crude oil, intermediate products, and finished products such as gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. By measuring sulfur levels in these streams, refineries can optimize their processes and ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Petrochemical production: Used in the petrochemical industry to monitor the sulfur content of feedstocks and intermediate products used in the production of chemicals, plastics, and other materials. This information is critical for maintaining product quality and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Power generation: Used in power plants to monitor the sulfur content of fuels such as coal and natural gas. This information is important for complying with emissions regulations and optimizing combustion processes for maximum efficiency.
- Upstream oil and gas production: Used in oil and gas production facilities to monitor the sulfur content of produced fluids. This information is important for ensuring that the produced fluids meet product specifications and for optimizing production processes.
- Environmental monitoring: Can also be used for environmental monitoring applications, such as monitoring the sulfur content of wastewater and other industrial effluents.