Exceptional Light Transmission and Optical Performance
Like other Guided Wave optical probes, the MPFC provides exceptional optical performance. Typically, peak transmission exceeds 50%. That means more signal, lower measurement noise translating to lower limits of detection.
Process-Resistant Flow Cell Body Construction
The Multi-Purpose Flow Cell comes standard in 316L stainless steel but is available in many other alloys. Suitable O-ring materials must be specified to meet your process chemistry and safety requirements. Common materials, such as Viton, Kalrez®, EPDM, etc., are readily available. Please consult appropriate resources for temperature specifications of various O-ring materials and chemical compatibility with your process.
System A Simple, Serviceable Flow Cell Design
Key elements of the MPFC design are simple, serviceable O-ring seals, the Guided Wave clean-out port, high optical efficiency, slip jointed conduit-ready connections, sapphire windows, a clean flow pattern, and O-ring sealed optics to prevent ambient moisture infiltration. The probe can be field disassembled for O-ring service and reassembled without changing the optical path length, a crucial parameter for repeatable measurements.
- Suitable for many installations in side streams or sample conditioning systems
- Suitable for use where temperature control of sample is desired
- Threaded chamber is provided for the circulation of heating or cooling fluids
- Collimated beam for excellent light transmission
- Clean out port for easy window cleaning
- Compatible with all Guided Wave analyzers
Operating Range of the Heated Flow Cell
The Multi-Purpose Flow Cell operates over the following pressures and temperature ranges:
• Temperatures to 300 °C (O-ring material dependent)
• Pressures to 500 psi (O-ring durometer dependent)
• A certified version is available that is rated to 1000 psi
This flow cell is available in five standard pathlengths 1, 2, 5, 10, and 20 mm.